In post-production work, a great screen can really make a difference. Let us guide you in this difficult choice.
If your work forces you to frequently use a PC, especially on a graphics level, we are sure that you are not among the people who are content with a mediocre screen. Whether you are a photographer or you have to shoot video, the greatest need is for images reproduced on your computer to be as faithful to reality as possible.
Precisely for this reason today we will analyze the best monitors for photography and video work, so as to give you a choice in this chaotic market. Just as your equipment must be able to capture the scene in the best way, even the screen you intend to use must do the same thing. Of course, this means putting the cheaper models aside. But take it as an investment in your future.
Best Monitors for Photography and Video Work: Parameters of Choices
When selecting a monitor for photography and video work, the selection must be particularly strict. Otherwise, the risk is that you find yourself with a product that goes to make your work worse. Precisely for this reason in the next lines, we will propose some essential features in the choice of a screen suitable for your purpose.
Dimensions: Dimensions are a very subjective factor. Of course, the screen is bigger, the more details you can capture during image processing. Our advice never goes to below 24-inches if you use it in the workplace. In case of ample space available, you can climb up to 32-inch models.
Aspect ratio: There are different types of screen aspect ratio. The most comfortable to use in photography is undoubtedly the 16:10, which maintains the natural relationship of the shots and allows you to easily use the programs for post-production.
Viewing angle: This feature is nothing more than the viewing angle of the monitor. The more the image remains faithful as you move sideways, the greater it’s value. This allows you to capture all the nuances of a shot from any angle you look at the screen.
Color fidelity and depth: A digital image will never have absolute color fidelity. This is why it is essential that the colors reproduced are as similar as possible to the originals. This is evaluated with the sRGB range, which should never be less than 95% in a quality monitor. The same is true for the color depth, which must be 10bit to be high enough.
Resolution: Is given by the number of pixels that make up the screen. For monitors up to 27-inches, the Full HD can be more than enough. However, as the diagonal increases, a growth of the resolution should correspond. The most suitable screen for photography and video is 4K.
Brightness: This feature does not need too many presentations. It is essential to know that a good LCD should never supply values below 300cd/m².
Contrast: It is defined as the ability to express a grayscale that goes from white to black in an optimal way. Although it is not a key feature in photography, having deep blacks can always be aesthetically pleasing.
Response time: Expressed in ms, indicates the time a pixel takes turning it on and off. Very important if you work in the video sector, if the response time is high you will notice little trails during the playback of the movies.
After this brief clarification, it is time to move to the heart of our article. In the next paragraphs, we will show you the best monitors for photography and video work.
If you want to choose a monitor for photography that does not cost a lot, but has good features, Dell has put in place the right solution for you. Integrates a 24-inch screen with edge-to-edge display and Full HD resolution.
It has an aspect ratio of 16:10, so perfect for your purpose and has a 99% sRGB width. It will not be the top model for professionals, but its qualities make it a must for amateurs.
Acer Predator XB241H
It is one of the sacred monsters among the best monitors currently on the market. Designed for gaming, thanks to its technical specifications and it is also perfect for photography and video. It has a truly enviable quality as well as price ratio.
|Acer Predator XB241H bmipr 24-inch Full HD 1920x1080 NVIDIA G-Sync Display, 144Hz, 2 x 2w speakers,...||$345.51||Buy on Amazon|
Equipped with an LCD panel, with a diagonal of 24-inches, it has a Full HD resolution. The response time is 1ms and the technology used for the screen is TN.
BenQ offers us this monitor designed specifically for photography. Equipped with a 27-inch screen is adjustable in height to always allow an optimal view. The resolution is really high, stands at 2560 x 1400 pixels, so you always get high-quality images.
|BenQ 27 inch 2K Photographer Monitor (SW2700PT), 2560x1440 QHD, 99% Adobe RGB, 100% Rec.709/sRGB...||$599.00||Buy on Amazon|
Even the width of the color is suitable for use, with a percentage of the Adobe RGB scale of 99. To make matters even greater, this screen was awarded the TIPA Award 2016, dedicated to the best monitors for photography.
This Samsung monitor has features that make it suitable for semi-professional use. The first feature that surely catches the eye is the display size of 32-inches. If this were not enough, the panel type is Quantum Dot and has a 4K resolution.
|Samsung U32H850UMN Samsung, Desktop Display, 31.5, 3840X2160 Uhd, Quantum Dot, Fully Adj. Stand, Va...||$497.66||Buy on Amazon|
Surely the many incoming ports make this monitor perfect for use in multitasking, which will allow you to work easily with multiple windows. The response time is instead of 4ms, while the refresh rate is 60Hz.
Dell U2515H ADZG
We’ve already seen a really interesting monitor from Dell. This is at a higher end and aims a lot more of substance than design. Equipped with a display size 25-inches, in fact, returns a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels.
|Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor||$509.99||Buy on Amazon|
Its strength lies in the balance of the image, which never turns to different results from the original. To underline the panel coating with anti-reflection technology with a 3H hard coating.
If it were not a monitor designed specifically for photography, you would probably consider the look of this product anachronistic. In reality, the quality is really high and particularly complements interesting solutions. The screen has a diagonal of 27-inches, with a WQHD resolution and a color depth of 99% on the Adobe RGB scale.
Those who take a lot of photos will certainly find the memory card reader integrated on the left side which is very useful. In this way transferring your images to the PC will be really easy. Adjustable inclination helps make work even smoother.
Other interesting monitors
After presenting you what we believe are the best monitors for photography and video work, we decided to show you best-seller monitors on Amazon with an excellent quality. Are you ready to find out?
- True 16:9 Resolution 1600 x 900
- High Contrast Ratio: 5,000,000: 1
- HDMI, DVI or VGA Input. Power Range :100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1.1A (Max.)
- Build in dual Speakers. Signal compatibility : Digital Signal Frequency 30 - 80 kHz (Horizontal) / 60 - 75 kHz (Vertical)
- VESA Wall Mount Ready. OS Compatibility- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, OS X El Capitan
- The stunning 19.5" display with 1600 x 900 resolution delivers excellent detail, making it perfect for widescreen HD gaming, multimedia and productivity
- Rapid 5ms response time reduces deviations in transition time to deliver high-quality moving images bringing immersive graphics to your movies and games.
- This monitor is not VESA mountable. Ports & Connectors- DVI-in, VGA. Power Consumption 14 Watts
- The DVI-D input with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) allows for viewing of digital movies and copy-protected media.
- 1800R curvature for an immersive viewing experience
- Glossy black, ultra-slim design.Product Dimensions With Stand(inches): 21.6 x 16.5 x 8.1 inchesProduct Dimensions Without Stand(Inches): 21.6 x 12.8 x 3.4 inches
- AMD FreeSync and Game Mode
- Eco-friendly with power saving. Mac compatible : Yes
- 32 inch full HD IPS monitor. Windows 10 Compatible
- Inputs: Display port, HDMI, d-sub
- On-Screen control of monitor settings
- Screen Split 2.0 for multi-tasking
- Vesa-compatible for wall mounting. VESA Size (inches): 7.9 x 3.9
- Full HD IPS Display
- On-Screen Control. Black Stabilizer. Refresh rate- 60 Hz.OS Compatibility-Windows 10
- Screen Split 2.0 , Without Stand (WxHxD): 28.6 x 3.7 x 16.9 Inches
- Resolution - 1920 x 1080. Aspect Ratio - 16:9. Surface Treatment : Anti-Glare, 3H.Refresh Rate 60 Hz
- INPUTS/OUTPUTS: HDMI (ver 1.4) - Yes D-Sub - Yes.Reader Mode
- Bezel-less display: With no bezel encircling the display, an ultra-wide viewing experience provides for seamless multi-monitor set-ups
- Share the panoramic view: Vibrant detail from practically any position with consistent color and image clarity maintained across an ultra-wide 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles
- Full HD display: Be prepared for brilliant visuals and crisp images with the unforgettable quality of this stunning Full HD display
- User control OSD settings: User-preferred settings can be saved with the HP My Display software. HP monitors are designed as 'plug and play' for all OS
- Easy port access: Quickly connect to your screen with simple and easy access to all your ports for a more convenient experience. Dimensions : 24.45 W x 1.4 D x 14.63 H inches
- 24" Ultra slim profile
- Contemporary sleek metallic design
- Slim bezel with thin chassis
- 2 x HDMI Ports (convertible to DVI)
- VESA wall mount ready
- Monitor: 23.8-inch diagonal Full HD (1920x1080) micro-edge IPS; An ultra-wide viewing experience provides for seamless multi-monitor set-ups.
- Resolution and aspect ratio: Full HD and 16:9; 2 million pixels for crystal-clear visuals and vibrant image quality.
- Response time and refresh rate: 5ms and 60Hz; Get a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur.
- Ports: HDMI, VGA, and HDCP support help you stay connected. Response time : 14 ms on/off (typical). 7 ms gray to gray with overdrive
- Audio: integrated speakers; Get great audio built right in from the integrated speakers.
- Industry leading 1800R screen curvature for immersive viewing
- Slim design with high glossy black finish and innovative T-shaped stand
- Rapid 4ms response time for a clear picture during fast moving scenes
- Color gamut (NTSC 1976): 72%, brightness- minimum : 200cd/m2. Windows Compatible : Windows 10. Outputs: Audio / Headphone (3.5mm).
- Product Dimensions Without Stand :24.5" x 14.5" x 3.2";With Stand :24.5" x 18.4" x 9.6"
- 27" curved LED FHD monitor. OS Compatibility- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, OS X El Capitan
- 1800R immersive curvature (very curved)
- HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA and speakers
- Fast response time 5ms
- View angle: 178˚ (horizontal)/ 178˚ (vertical)
Are you satisfied with the best monitors for photography and video work we presented today? Do not forget to give your feedback in the comment section below.