Looking for a new compact 4K camera, but do not know which one to choose? Let’s see together what are the best compact 4K camera available on the market.
Currently, 4K resolution is the best we can request for our cameras. The compact cameras with 4K resolution are particularly suitable for those who do not want to carry a bulky camera, achieving at the same time the highest quality available. Being very expensive items, but we will not make a distinction for price ranges.
In addition, we will see what are the various features and various aspects to be evaluated before buying a compact 4K camera. In this way, we will choose the perfect model for our needs.
How to Choose the Best Compact 4K Camera
Choosing a compact camera with 4K resolution should not be done lightly. There are many aspects and many characteristics to be evaluated, which, if analyzed carefully, will make us bring home a great product.
The diaphragm is a mechanical element located within the photographic objectives. This element has the possibility to create a hole of variable dimensions, in order to regulate the quantity of light that passes within the objective. It is essential to get a correctly exposed photo. The aperture of the diaphragm is indicated in numerical values preceded by the prefix ” f / “. A low number corresponds to a very wide opening, that is a very large hole, which gives us the opportunity to have a few elements in focus. While a high number corresponds to a very small opening, which allows us to have many elements in focus.
Optical zoom also must be considered. It is the actual focal length of the lens, which is obviously fixed in the compact body. It usually extends from 24mm to 70mm, but in some cameras, it can even exceed 200mm.
This is a fundamental element, especially as regards videos. It allows you to keep the subject in focus or to quickly change the focus automatically when shooting.
The presence of a manual mode is recommended, especially for those who want to have full control of their camera. This mode allows us to do a little practice and engage in the world of photography.
Best Compact 4K Camera models
Nikon Coolpix A900
It is a compact Nikon camera characterized by an excellent quality and price ratio. It is equipped with a 1/2.3″ 20.3MP CMOS sensor. The lens is equipped with 35x optical zoom, which allows a focal length of 24-480 mm. The sensor is smaller than 1 inch, which, unfortunately, will not be able to give the best performance in low light environments. However, it behaves very well in environments with good brightness, ensuring excellent shots.
There is a vibration reduction system (VR), which allows us to easily use the camera with the movement. SnapBridge technology allows you to switch content from the camera to our smartphone using Bluetooth. Unfortunately, it is not possible to take pictures in RAW format. It is also equipped with a display that can be turned upside down.
Panasonic Lumix ZS100
This camera has been designed to offer maximum performance in a compact form factor. Inside there is a 1″ 20.1MP MOS sensor. It is equipped with a LEICA lens with f/2.8-5.9 aperture and 10x optical zoom, which allows a focal length of 25-250 mm to be covered.
|PANASONIC LUMIX ZS100 4K Point and Shoot Camera, 10X LEICA DC Vario-ELMARIT F2.8-5.9 Lens with...||$547.99||Buy on Amazon|
This camera is equipped with the post focus function, which allows us to change the focus after taking the picture. It also has a 3.0-inch LCD touch-screen display. It behaves very well even in low light conditions, unlike the Nikon A9000. It has an Eye-level Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) and Lens-mounted control ring brings DSLR-like exposure control to a compact point-and-shoot camera body.
Panasonic Lumix LX10
In this guide, Panasonic is the master. This model is an improved version compared to its predecessor. This camera is equipped with a 1″ 20.1MP MOS sensor. It is also equipped with the post focus function, which allows us to modify the shot in post-production. The Leica optics with f/1.4-2.8 aperture, thanks to which we will have wonderful shots even in low light conditions.
|PANASONIC LUMIX LX10 Camera, 20.1 Megapixel 1" Large Sensor, LEICA DC Lens 24-72mm F1.4-2.8,...||$547.99||Buy on Amazon|
It has a 3x Optical Zoom and allows to cover a focal distance of 24-72 mm. Obviously, it also has an adjustable touchscreen display. It is undoubtedly one of the best compact cameras capable of recording videos in 4K at 30fps. It is also equipped with the Wi-Fi / NFC chip.
SONY RX100 Mark V
The Sony RX100 Mark V is undoubtedly the best compact 4K camera available on the market today. It is equipped with 1″ 20.1 MP Exmor RS CMOS sensor. This camera has a 315-point phase detection autofocus system in just 0.5 seconds, which also frightens high-end SLRs. It can also count on the integrated optics Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70 mm with f/1.8-2.8 aperture.
|Sony DSC-RX100M5 Cyber-shot Digital Camera (Bonus Carrying Case Bundle)||$1,049.00||Buy on Amazon|
Thanks to the Dual Rec function, we can take pictures while we are recording a video. It is also equipped with a 3.0-inch LCD display that can be tilted up to 180-degrees. Furthermore, we will be able to make a slow-motion video at a 960fps. Obviously, the best shots in any light condition are guaranteed. There are also Wi-Fi and NFC chips and remote control via smartphone.
- 1.0-Inch, 20.1 Megapixel* High-sensitivity CMOS sensor.
- Digic 7 image processor.
- Ultra-slim, lightweight and pocket-size camera.
- Features:Touch-screen panel (capacitive type)
- Powerful 25x Optical Zoom with Intelligent IS helps optimize image stabilization for virtually shake-free images.
- Built-in Wi-Fi* and NFC** allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos. Maximum f/number : f/3.2 - f/6.6
- 20.2 Megapixel*** CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor helps deliver stunning image quality even in low light. Auto zoom dependent on number of subjects
- Capture spectacular 1080p Full HD video. Focusing Range : 1cm (0.4 Inches) - infinity (W), 1.0m (3.3ft.) - infinity (T)
- Large 3.0-inch (approximately 922,000 dots) LCD allows easy viewing even from a wide angle.
- Powerful 40x Optical Zoom with Intelligent IS helps optimize image stabilization for virtually shake-free images.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos.
- 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 6 Image Processor helps deliver stunning image quality even in low light.
- Capture spectacular 1080p Full HD video at 60p with stereo sound.
- Large 3.0-inch LCD (approx. 922,000 dots) allows easy viewing even from a wide angle.
- 20.1 Megapixel Plus 8x Zoom
- Optical Steady Shot image Stabilization with 2-way Active Mode
- 720p MP4 HD Movie Mode ; This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
- Panorama Shooting: 360 Sweep Panorama; Minimum Illumination: Auto: 22.0 lux Shutter Speed 1/30
- Picture Effect: Still images: Toy camera, Pop Color, Partial Color, Soft High-key, Panoramas: Pop Color, Partial Color, Soft High-key, Movies: Toy camera, Pop Color, Partial Color, Soft High-key
- 24 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and Focus Sensitivity Range :EV 0 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- ISO 100-25600 (expandable to 51200). Lens compatibility- Sony E-mount lenses
- Hybrid AF with 179-point focal plane phase-detection and 25 contrast detect points
- Up to 11 FPS continious shooting
- 3-inch tilting LCD with 921,000 dots
- MP Super HAD CCD sensor for beautifully detailed images. Blink Detection
- Sony Lens w/ 5x Optical Zoom and 360 sweep panorama
- Reduced blur with SteadyShot Image stabilization
- Capture your videos in 720p HD Movie mode
- Simplify camera menu with Easy Mode.
- 8x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer helps you capture images with flexibility and ease
- 20.0 Megapixel CCD sensor combines with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to help deliver stunning image quality
- 720p HD video capabilities.Focusing Range:Normal: 2.0 in. - infinity (W), 4.3 ft. (1.3m) - infinity (T)
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting situations
- Digital IS helps reduce the effect of camera shake and subject movement
- Approximately 20.1 megapixels , Exmor CMOS Sensor, 28-100mm equivalent F/18-49 lens, ISO 125-6400 Expandable ISO 80, 100, and 25,600, 3-Inch LCD screen with 12M dots
- Operating temperature:Approx. 0°C to 40°C (32F° to 104F°).1080p video, Steady-Shot image stabilization,Rear control dial and customizable front control ring
- Burst Mode (shots)-Approx10 fps,(VGA) Moving Image Size -640x480 30fps Approx3Mbps. Flash range:ISO Auto: approximately 0.3 meter to 17.1 meter (W), approximately 0.55 meter to 6.3 meter (T)
- Bright F18 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with 36x zoom, Full HD 1080/60p video with manual control and dual record, ,Ultra-slim, sophisticated aluminum body
- Dimension: 1016 mm x 581 mm x 359 mm, Weight: 213g (75 oz)
- Full HD Video Quality: Records bright images in 1080p at 30 frames per second using a 130° wide-angle lens with an f/2.0 aperture, to deliver full HD images across three lanes
- Superb Night Vision: Excellent night recording capabilities provide clarity and safety even at night; Operating temperature: 14F Degree - 140F Degree
- Intuitive LCD Widescreen: The integrated 2.7" LCD screen provides a real-time preview without being obstructive, and the intuitive navigation is easy-to-use for drivers of all ages
- Intelligent Design: Providing top and bottom ventilation for a longer product lifetime; Stealthy but sophisticated appearance makes it unnoticeably, suitable for any car
- APP Connection: Built-in Wi-Fi lets you connect to the smartphone app so after your journey you can download and share videos for fun, or for insurance purposes. Package Includes: dash cam, micro USB cable, car charger, 3M sticky mount, user manual
- MP Super HAD CCD sensor for beautifully detailed images.
- Sony Lens w/ 5x Optical Zoom.
- Reduced blur with SteadyShot Image stabilization
- Capture your videos in 720p HD Movie mode
- Simplify camera menu with Easy Mode