The camera market is constantly evolving, in recent years we have witnessed the boom in action cameras, but also in the return of instant cameras. A field that is developing a lot is that of the 360 degree camera, because they can take the whole scene around us, creating a very nice effect. In this guide, we will go to see which are the best 360 video camera to buy from those available on the market.
The most important element of a 360 degree camera is obviously the resolution. In fact, megapixels are used to cover the entire spherical photo, which obviously loses detail. Another important thing is the application that manages the camera, because the stitch, ie the union of the two 180-degree photos to create the 360-degree shot, takes place via software.
Best 360 Video Camera
Best 360 Video Camera Under $200
Samsung Gear 360
|Samsung Gear 360 Real 360° High Resolution VR Camera (US Version with Warranty)||$172.92||Buy on Amazon|
Although it’s been a few years since it came out, this Gear 360 remains very valid for taking 360-degree photos, especially at the current price. The two CMOS sensors are 15 megapixels and the two combined photos have a total resolution of 7776 x 3888 pixels, which makes them fairly defined. The videos can be shot in 4K, even these are good, especially if you count the price.
The stitch is done by the application, unfortunately only compatible with higher-end Samsung smartphones and it is good, but not at the level of the newest cameras. Surely this Gear 360 is great for those who want to spend a little and capture a good 360-degree picture.
LG 360 CAM
The considerations made earlier for the Gear 360 also apply for this LG 360 CAM, as this camera is also excellent value for money. In fact, the build quality is excellent and even the photos and videos are not bad.
The maximum photo resolution is 5660 × 2830 pixels, while the videos have a maximum resolution of 2K. In general, the quality of the shots and videos is excellent, always counting that we are talking about spherical photos. The stitch made by the application, which is available for everyone, but you must have a mid or top range device.
Samsung Gear 360 2017
|Samsung Gear 360 (2017 Edition) Real 360° 4K VR Camera (US Version with Warranty)||$159.99||Buy on Amazon|
As you can also note from the name, this Gear 360 2017 is the evolution of the one seen previously, improved in some respects. The design changes, not just a sphere with the two cameras, but is also added a kind of “handle” under the “head”, which is however shrunk, which contains the two chambers.
In reality, if you go to see the megapixel cameras, you realize that they have dropped from the previous version, in fact, before the spherical photos had a total resolution of 30 megapixels, while now only 15 megapixels. Which does not mean that it can capture lower resolution images, but since it also came out at a lower price than the previous, the shots are qualitatively slightly low.
In video, however, the resolution has risen to 4096 x 2048 pixels. The video performance is very good, especially if you count that they are 360 degrees. The stitch of photos and videos made by the application, compatible with Samsung mid and high range devices as well as with the iPhone 6S which is definitely better than the previous model.
Best 360 Video Camera Above $200
Nikon KeyMission 360
Going up in price, we obviously find 360 video camera with high performance, one of these is the Nikon KeyMission 360, maybe not the most beautiful in design, but certainly one of the best quality-price ratio.
This Nikon can be defined as a 360-degree action camera, it is waterproof up to 30 meters deep, without the need for any housing. The shape is not the most comfortable, in fact, there is no handle, but there are still accessories and even the standard screw attachment.
Speaking of quality, this KeyMission defends itself well. The photos are taken at 21 megapixels and videos in 4K (of course, both definitions are spread across the sphere), the resolution is absolutely good, even if the details are not the best. The stitch between the two photos, made by the application available for both iOS and Android, has some imperfections, but overall also good.
If you want a 360-degree action camera, this Nikon is a virtually forced choice.
|Insta360 ONE 360 Video Action Camera, with FlowState Stabilization||$194.00||Buy on Amazon|
The insta360 One is certainly a good compromise for those who want a best 360 video camera with a truly small size. The extra gear of this product is also the fact that it can be used by connecting it directly to your Smartphone (iPhone only) or even used independently with all smartphones, thanks to the Bluetooth adapter.
This insta360 One also has excellent quality in both photos and videos. The photos are taken at 24 megapixels and have an excellent level of detail, same speech for the videos, which can be shot in 4K at 30fps or 2k at 60fps. The application is available for both iOS and Android (although there are minimum hardware requirements) and has many interesting features.
Ricoh Theta V
The Ricoh Theta V is probably the best 360 video camera currently on the market as video and photo quality. In fact, the two 12 megapixel sensors can guarantee shots with high details, always counting that the definition is spread on a sphere. The videos are shot in 4K at 30fps, which have an excellent amount of detail and also the sound is great thanks to the four microphones that record on each side.
This Theta V is also very light and portable, as well as being very simple to use. The stitch of the two images made by the application, available for both iOS and Android, is very well done, with no visible imperfections.
Top 10 Best-selling 360 Video Camera on Amazon
- Leading image quality - 5. 7K resolution makes your 360 Degree videos look sharp, while 18MP shots make for stunning photo quality. Turn on 50Fps mode to make your video buttery smooth.
- Flow state stabilization - flow state is as smooth as it gets. Traditional Action cameras are left shaking.
- Drift shots - snap into the drifter accessory and let your camera take flight. Airborne slow-mo. From a camera that shoots in every direction at once. You've never seen angles like this before.
- Wi-fi preview and transfer - Shoot and transfer in a snap. 50MB/s Cable transfer and 5 GHz high-speed Wi-Fi transfer.
- Time shift - Highlight key moments with cinematic slow-mo., or speed things up with a stabilized Hyper lapse. All in the app.
- Tell the whole story with the 360° camera that captures every angle in 4K brilliance and share instantly
- Capture life as it happens in stunning 4K video and 15MP photos thanks to dual 180° lenses
- Gear 360 is easy to hold and take with you, and has an IP53 water-resistant rating*
- Preview and edit your videos with an easy-to-use app, or share them straight to social** or Samsung VR with your Galaxy S8 or S8+ ***
- Upload your photos or videos to Samsung VR to experience your moments in virtual reality
- 360° ECOSYSTEM: 360-degree HD video. Part of the world's smartest, most user-friendly 360° video ecosystem
- PERFORMANCE: Full 360-degree video with a 1504 x 1504 resolution, 32 GB internal memory and 2+ hours of battery life. Edit and share video in just minutes
- MOBILE / DESKTOP APPS: Free 360fly iPhone and Android mobile and desktop director apps for easy camera operation and editing and sharing videos.
- SOCIAL MEDIA CONNECTIVITY: Share 360-degree videos, standard POV videos and stills to social media directly from your smartphone
- VIRTUAL REALITY READY: Footage transforms to VR experiences with just the push of a button
- The Gear 360 has evolved to let you record in 4K and then make it your own with the Samsung Gear 360 app. And with the Gear 360's smaller size and redesigned, easy-to-grip body, memories aren't the only thing you'll want to hold onto.
- Easily capture a full 360˚ view of the world around you as video or photo with the Gear 360 (2017). With real 4K video capabilities, your videos and images will be crisp, clear, and high-quality, so the content you create and moments you record will be just as vivid, years down the road.
- Compatible devices include Galaxy S8, S8+ S7, S7 edge, Note5, S6 edge+, S6, S6 edge, A5/A7(2017) running Android 5.0 or later, and iPhone 7, 7+, 6S, 6S+, SE running iOS 10.0 or later. (There are functional limitations when using with iOS devices.)
- **The microSD memory card is NOT included in the package. (microSD card is required for shooting.)
- High resolution, fully spherical 360 Degree images & video
- Bright F2.0 lens, Intuitive operation
- New & improved User Interface makes sharing a breeze
- Compatibility with both iOS and Android,till image resolution:L: 5376 x 2688, M: 2048 x 1024,Video resolution/frame rate/bit rate:L: 1920 x 1080/30 fps/16 Mbps,M: 1280 x 720/15 fps/6 Mbps
- Theta+ App for editing spherical images, Theta+V App for editing spherical videos
- FULL HD IMAGE & NIGHT VISION-1280*720P HD Smart Video Technology, 110°wide-angle advanced glass lens combined with 360°manual rotation for complete coverage of your home. Built-in Nine 940nm IR LEDs and superior CMOS sensors with 22 feet night visual range for a clear image even in low light conditions
- MOTION DETECTION ALERT-Supports real time motion detection, smart phone notification alert. Get informed of every movement in your house at the first time. Support 32G memory card (need purchase separately), which can record more than 15-20 days of high resolution video with motion detection function on
- TWO-WAY AUDIO-Built-in microphone & speaker with advanced compression algorithms yields, the fluent sound allows you to communicate with your family and friends anywhere at any time
- EASY SETUP-Easy and Quick installation and stable 2.4GHz WIFI connection. Remote Control with iOS, Android App. It supports WPA/WPA2 PSK(Home WiFi router), but not support WPA2 enterprise
- 12 MONTHS WARRANTY-One-year Warranty and lifetime maintenance. If you have any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our utmost to service you
- Theta V shoots hi-def smooth 360 Degree video at 30 fps @ 3840 x 1920 pixels or 4K. It supports the H.264 file format for video recording ; Remote release: CA-3-compatible
- Hi-res 360 Degree spherical stills & video with improvements to the image quality. New Qualcomm Snapdragon processor has completely enhanced the exposure accuracy and white balance algorithm. Object distance- Approx. 10cm - ∞ (from front of lens)
- Theta has a 4-channel microphone that supports 360 Degree spatial audio recording built in Omnidirectional audio is recorded not just in the horizontal direction but also in the vertical direction
- The world's-first Remote Playback capable fully spherical camera allows users to wirelessly playback 360 Degree images and videos on a large-screen display Using a compatible wireless display adapter
- Wireless LAN transfer speed (WLAN, MAX): 2.4GHz, 3mm: 20Mbps; 2.4GHz, 10mm: 10Mbps; 5GHz, 3mm: 50Mbps; 5GHz, 10mm: 10Mbps. The camera can always be connected to a smartphone using Bluetooth low energy (BLE) This function provides improvements in usability and power consumption
- Compatible with iPhone 7, 7 plus, and iPhone 6/6S, 6 plus/6S plus, or used alone
- 3040x1520 resolution @ 30fps
- Dual 210 Degree Fisheye Lenses, Portable size
- Real-time 360 video/photo sharing on Facebook/WeChat, Live streaming
- Free app, 360 player/studio/plugin, VR cardboard box
- A lightweight, Compact 360-degree Camera
- Take full 360-degree videos, or use the wide-angle lens for a 180-degree shot
- Dust and water-resistant
- 5.7K Resolution: Records 360 videos in up to 5.7K resolution at 30 frames per second with the 'Auto-Stitch' option in the app or in the in-camera menu turned off, ready to stitch in the accompanying YI 360 Studio (Windows) （Note: Compatible devices and software is required to playback 5.7K videos).
- In-Camera Stitching: 4K/30fps in-camera stitching, shoot then share complete 4K 360 videos and pictures without the need of post-processing.
- 4K Live Streaming: Live stream 360° videos in up to 4K resolution with the built-in 2.4GHz & 5GHz Wi-Fi (5GHz recommended).
- Dual-Lens: Dual-lens camera, each lens is 220° with an aperture of f/2.0 and together provide complete 360° coverage, with clear vibrant images and zero blind spots; Built-in Advanced Electronic Image Stabilization(EIS) keeps your footage stable.
- YI 360 APP: Use the accompanying YI 360 App (iOS & Android) to effortlessly connect to your smartphone, where you can view in four different modes, download and share to social media, instantly. Includes: YI 360 VR Camera, battery, USB Type-C cable,mini tripod, protective bag, user manual. NOTE:YI 360 is only compatible with 1400mAH YI 360 VR/4K/4K+ Replacement Battery.