The camera market is constantly evolving, in recent years we have witnessed the boom in action cameras, but also in the return of instant cameras. A field that is developing a lot is that of the 360 degree camera, because they can take the whole scene around us, creating a very nice effect. In this guide, we will go to see which are the best 360 video camera to buy from those available on the market.
The most important element of a 360 degree camera is obviously the resolution. In fact, megapixels are used to cover the entire spherical photo, which obviously loses detail. Another important thing is the application that manages the camera, because the stitch, ie the union of the two 180-degree photos to create the 360-degree shot, takes place via software.
Best 360 Video Camera
Best 360 Video Camera Under $200
Samsung Gear 360
|Samsung Gear 360 Real 360° High Resolution VR Camera (US Version with Warranty)||$68.99||Buy on Amazon|
Although it’s been a few years since it came out, this Gear 360 remains very valid for taking 360-degree photos, especially at the current price. The two CMOS sensors are 15 megapixels and the two combined photos have a total resolution of 7776 x 3888 pixels, which makes them fairly defined. The videos can be shot in 4K, even these are good, especially if you count the price.
The stitch is done by the application, unfortunately only compatible with higher-end Samsung smartphones and it is good, but not at the level of the newest cameras. Surely this Gear 360 is great for those who want to spend a little and capture a good 360-degree picture.
LG 360 CAM
The considerations made earlier for the Gear 360 also apply for this LG 360 CAM, as this camera is also excellent value for money. In fact, the build quality is excellent and even the photos and videos are not bad.
The maximum photo resolution is 5660 × 2830 pixels, while the videos have a maximum resolution of 2K. In general, the quality of the shots and videos is excellent, always counting that we are talking about spherical photos. The stitch made by the application, which is available for everyone, but you must have a mid or top range device.
Samsung Gear 360 2017
|Samsung Gear 360 (2017 Edition) Real 360° 4K VR Camera (US Version with Warranty)||$91.89||Buy on Amazon|
As you can also note from the name, this Gear 360 2017 is the evolution of the one seen previously, improved in some respects. The design changes, not just a sphere with the two cameras, but is also added a kind of “handle” under the “head”, which is however shrunk, which contains the two chambers.
In reality, if you go to see the megapixel cameras, you realize that they have dropped from the previous version, in fact, before the spherical photos had a total resolution of 30 megapixels, while now only 15 megapixels. Which does not mean that it can capture lower resolution images, but since it also came out at a lower price than the previous, the shots are qualitatively slightly low.
In video, however, the resolution has risen to 4096 x 2048 pixels. The video performance is very good, especially if you count that they are 360 degrees. The stitch of photos and videos made by the application, compatible with Samsung mid and high range devices as well as with the iPhone 6S which is definitely better than the previous model.
Best 360 Video Camera Above $200
Nikon KeyMission 360
Going up in price, we obviously find 360 video camera with high performance, one of these is the Nikon KeyMission 360, maybe not the most beautiful in design, but certainly one of the best quality-price ratio.
This Nikon can be defined as a 360-degree action camera, it is waterproof up to 30 meters deep, without the need for any housing. The shape is not the most comfortable, in fact, there is no handle, but there are still accessories and even the standard screw attachment.
Speaking of quality, this KeyMission defends itself well. The photos are taken at 21 megapixels and videos in 4K (of course, both definitions are spread across the sphere), the resolution is absolutely good, even if the details are not the best. The stitch between the two photos, made by the application available for both iOS and Android, has some imperfections, but overall also good.
If you want a 360-degree action camera, this Nikon is a virtually forced choice.
|Insta360 ONE 360 Video Action Camera FlowState Stabilization||$299.00||Buy on Amazon|
The insta360 One is certainly a good compromise for those who want a best 360 video camera with a truly small size. The extra gear of this product is also the fact that it can be used by connecting it directly to your Smartphone (iPhone only) or even used independently with all smartphones, thanks to the Bluetooth adapter.
This insta360 One also has excellent quality in both photos and videos. The photos are taken at 24 megapixels and have an excellent level of detail, same speech for the videos, which can be shot in 4K at 30fps or 2k at 60fps. The application is available for both iOS and Android (although there are minimum hardware requirements) and has many interesting features.
Ricoh Theta V
The Ricoh Theta V is probably the best 360 video camera currently on the market as video and photo quality. In fact, the two 12 megapixel sensors can guarantee shots with high details, always counting that the definition is spread on a sphere. The videos are shot in 4K at 30fps, which have an excellent amount of detail and also the sound is great thanks to the four microphones that record on each side.
This Theta V is also very light and portable, as well as being very simple to use. The stitch of the two images made by the application, available for both iOS and Android, is very well done, with no visible imperfections.
Top 10 Best-selling 360 Video Camera on Amazon
- A lightweight, Compact 360-degree Camera
- Take full 360-degree videos, or use the wide-angle lens for a 180-Degree shot
- Dust and water-resistant
- Tell the whole story with the 360° camera that captures every angle in 4K brilliance and share instantly
- Capture life as it happens in stunning 4K video and 15MP photos thanks to dual 180° lenses
- Gear 360 is easy to hold and take with you, and has an IP53 water-resistant rating*
- Preview and edit your videos with an easy-to-use app, or share them straight to social** or Samsung VR with your Galaxy S8 or S8+ ***
- Upload your photos or videos to Samsung VR to experience your moments in virtual reality
- 360° Capture - The ONE shoots in every direction at once, capturing life in seamless 4K 360° video and 24 MP 360° photos. Once you've got your shot, re-frame the best parts, or share a full 360° experience straight from your phone.
- FlowState Stabilization-Best-in-class stabilization ensures pro-level footage,no matter what you're doing.Running,cycling,even letting your dog carry the camera-it all comes out hypnotically smooth.It's better than a gimbal,and with none of the hassle.
- Shoot First, Point Later - Create a stunning edit with a few taps. Mark off the best parts of your 360° footage and the ONE connects them with ultra-smooth camera movements.
- Invisible Selfie Stick - Mount the ONE on a selfie stick and watch as it instantly disappears from view. The result: easy aerial shots without a drone.
- Three Ways to Shoot - Use the ONE on its own, control it with Bluetooth, or connect directly to your iPhone and preview shots in real time. No cables. No hassle. Tons of flexibility.
- 360 Video: Capture everything around you in 4K 360 video. Create a regular HD video by selecting a traditionally-framed view within the 360 footage, or share a fully immersive video in 4K 360.
- Breakthrough Stabilization: With breakthrough stabilization and horizon leveling automatically built in, Rylo makes your videos look like they were shot on a professional stabilization rig.
- FrontBack: Put yourself in the action with a picture-in-picture that shows your facial expression as you capture a moment.
- Points: Control the camera's perspective, after-the-fact, by tapping on specific points of interest in your video. Rylo magically produces a fluidly smooth video that connects each of your points.
- Time-lapse: Create moving time-lapse videos by speeding up Rylo' s stabilized video. Control how fast you want your video to play (up to 16x normal speed) and make professional-looking time-lapse.
- FULL HD IMAGE & NIGHT VISION-1280*720P HD Smart Video Technology, 110°wide-angle advanced glass lens combined with 360°manual rotation for complete coverage of your home. Built-in Nine 940nm IR LEDs and superior CMOS sensors with 22 feet night visual range for a clear image even in low light conditions
- MOTION DETECTION ALERT-Supports real time motion detection, smart phone notification alert. Get informed of every movement in your house at the first time. Support 32G memory card (need purchase separately), which can record more than 15-20 days of high resolution video with motion detection function on
- TWO-WAY AUDIO-Built-in microphone & speaker with advanced compression algorithms yields, the fluent sound allows you to communicate with your family and friends anywhere at any time
- EASY SETUP-Easy and Quick installation and stable 2.4GHz WIFI connection. Remote Control with iOS, Android App. Access your camera using the official 360 App on your iPhone, Android, or PC
- 12 MONTHS WARRANTY-One-year Warranty and lifetime maintenance. If you have any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our utmost to service you
- Theta V shoots hi-def smooth 360 Degree video at 30 fps @ 3840 x 1920 pixels or 4K. It supports the H.264 file format for video recording ; Remote release: CA-3-compatible
- Hi-res 360 Degree spherical stills & video with improvements to the image quality. New Qualcomm Snapdragon processor has completely enhanced the exposure accuracy and white balance algorithm
- Theta has a 4-channel microphone that supports 360 Degree spatial audio recording built in Omnidirectional audio is recorded not just in the horizontal direction but also in the vertical direction
- The world's-first Remote Playback capable fully spherical camera allows users to wirelessly playback 360 Degree images and videos on a large-screen display Using a compatible wireless display adapter
- Wireless LAN transfer speed (WLAN, MAX): 2.4GHz, 3mm: 20Mbps; 2.4GHz, 10mm: 10Mbps; 5GHz, 3mm: 50Mbps; 5GHz, 10mm: 10Mbps. The camera can always be connected to a smartphone using Bluetooth low energy (BLE) This function provides improvements in usability and power consumption
- Compatible with iPhone 7, 7 plus, and iPhone 6/6S, 6 plus/6S plus, or used alone
- 3040x1520 resolution @ 30fps
- Dual 210 Degree Fisheye Lenses, Portable size
- Real-time 360 video/photo sharing on Facebook/WeChat, Live streaming
- Free app, 360 player/studio/plugin, VR cardboard box
- 360° ECOSYSTEM: 360-degree HD video. Part of the world's smartest, most user-friendly 360° video ecosystem
- PERFORMANCE: Full 360-degree video with a 1504 x 1504 resolution, 32 GB internal memory and 2+ hours of battery life. Edit and share video in just minutes
- MOBILE / DESKTOP APPS: Free 360fly iPhone and Android mobile and desktop director apps for easy camera operation and editing and sharing videos.
- SOCIAL MEDIA CONNECTIVITY: Share 360-degree videos, standard POV videos and stills to social media directly from your smartphone
- VIRTUAL REALITY READY: Footage transforms to VR experiences with just the push of a button
- 【HD Image Quality】360° field of view for an unlimited experience, 3.5K recording for the video adventurers out there, dual 1/2.3" Sony image sensors supports up to 3456×1728/30fps or 2304×1152/60fps
- 【Long Battery Life】Built-in 1600mAh lion battery, supports up to 75 minutes recording. Operating temperature is minus 10 degree Celsius to 45 degree Celsius
- 【IP67 Waterproof 】 No need to worry about water damage when you are in the rain or snow. Bring it to adventure, you will experience a different feeling. Perfect for outdoor activities
- 【6-axis EIS】6-axis electronic image stabilization keeps recordings crisp and clear. Use it when skydiving, playing sports, or other high-speed activities
- 【Mi App 】Use the Mi App (compatible iOS & Android) to connect to your smartphone. You can configure a long exposure shot of up to 32s for unique nighttime photography, edit and share your video or photos to social media immediately.Wifi:802.11 b/g/n, 2.4GHz, ≥50m range with no obstructions
- 【ULTRA-HIGH RESOLUTION WITH MULTIPLE MODES】 Experience 360 in crystal clear 7K/24MP (photo) and 4K (video). Compatible with Virtual Reality headsets so you can jump back into the moment you captured. Choose between multiple shooting modes like panoramic, mirror ball, flat, and little planet. MicroSD card required, Maximum 128G (sold separately); Use Class10 SD card or over UHS-I.
- 【WATERPROOF】 IP67 rating protects the MADV360 against dust and water and can be submersed one meter for up to thirty minutes. Take your MADV360 surfing, in the rain, in the snow, or to the pool without worrying about water damage.
- 【LIVE-PREVIEW AND EDITING】 Connect to your Android or Apple devices with the free app and view your surroundings before snapping a shot. With the app you can control manual exposure (up to 32 seconds and perfect for dark settings), aperture, shutter, & ISO. A 360 degree camera built from the ground-up with the adventure photographer in mind
- 【INVISIBLE SELFIE-STICK AND CINEMATIC STABILIZATION】 6-axis EIS corrects for movement in multiple directions - even while skiing, skydiving, bungee jumping, or other high-speed movements. This allows you to focus on one view-point without any shake. The included selfie-stick is automatically removed from photos and videos so when you share it appears as though your camera is floating. This allows you to capture the perfect bird's-eye view and third person perspectives.
- 【AUTOMATIC PHOTO STITCHING】 MADV360's dual 190 degree wide-angle lenses automatically stitch together photos that are ready to share in an instant. Other 360 degree cameras require you to use external software to stitch together photos which is time-consuming and confusing. Dual lenses are better than one lens because it prevents image warping. The MADV360 is shareable to social media directly from the app.