Asus Zenfone AR has finally got its official launch in Japan, although the handset was first introduced at CES 2017, after a few months there has been no information received by the world’s first smartphone to support Daydream VR and Tango AR. Asus Zenfone AR price in Japan is about 82,800 yen – approximately $760 for 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM (ZS571KL-BK64S6) version, while the high-end with 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM (ZS571KL-BK128S8) will cost 99,800 yen – approximately $916.
For those who missed the specifications of the Zenfone AR, based on Android version 7.0 Nougat, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor that combined a new vapour cooling system to avoid overheating. Display is AMOLED with a 5.7 inch size and QHD (1440 x 2560 pixels) resolution to provide sharp and clear VR experience.
The ZenFone AR is Tango smartphone which designed around machine vision with a camera and sensor setup that provides motion tracking, depth perception, and area learning. The handset also comes with a front fingerprint sensor which embedded in the home button.
The company at the event also confirmed that they will have exclusive Asus ZenUI VR 360 degree app support on PhotoCollage, Gallery, and ZenCircle apps. The device will be available in the Q2 of this year with the company to announce prices near to market launch.
Asus ZenFone AR Specifications
- Dimensions of 158.67 x 77.7 x 4.6 ~ 8.95 mm
- Weight of 170g
- Super AMOLED Display of 5.7 inches with Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Rear Camera of 23 mega pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 6P Largan lens
- Front Camera of 8 mega pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide angle lens
- Android 7.0 Naugat with ZenUI 3.0
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Processor
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 8GB / 6GB of RAM
- Internal memory of 32GB / 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
- Connectivity of 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, Bluetooth,
- Battery capacity of 3300mAh, Quick Charge 3.0, 60% charging in 39 minutes