Asus is a Taiwanese brand who grew up fast in the US smartphone market, after the official announcement of the Asus ZenFone 5 Lite, and ZenFone Max M1 this month. While at the Mobile World Congress 2018 back in February, the brand had announced its new ZenFone 5 series: Asus Zenfone 5 Selfie, the Zenfone 5 and the Zenfone 5Z. The first two are already on sale in s few markets, while the Asus Zenfone 5Z is the top flagship device is powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC.
As its official release is due in June, Asus is taking advantage to improve the product, and keeping its key features a secret. However, according to the GadgetMatch, they had access to a photo of the device with a high score in the AnTuTu Benchmark.
The smartphone with the highest score in the test during the month of March, according to AnTuTu itself, is the Galaxy S9 Plus with Snapdragon 845, scoring 264769 points. However, according to the leak, we see that the crown of the Samsung handset will be stolen by Asus Zenfone 5Z with the 274499 points.
He also managed to overcome the supposed Mi Mix 2S score with his 273741 points. They are “only” 10,000 points difference for the Samsung device and a thousand points difference for Xiaomi.
Asus Zenfone 5Z Specifications
- Dimensions of 153×75.65×7.85mm
- Weight of 155g
- Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass Super IPS display of 6.2 inches with 19:9, 500 nits Brightness, 95.4% NTSC color gamut, DCI-P3, 1500:1 Contrast Ratio, Glove Touch support, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Resolution of 2246 x 1080 pixels
- Dual Rear Camera of 12MP Sony IMX363 sensor with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 0.03s Tri Tech auto-focus/Dual Pixel PDAF/ 4-axis OIS/EIS, Pro mode with RAW support, secondary 8MP OV8856 sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Front Camera of 5 mega pixels with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 83-degree wide-angle lens
- Android 8.0 Oreo with ZenUI 5.0, upgradable to Android P
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Chip
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB/6GB/8GB of LPDD4X RAM
- Internal memory of 64GB/128GB/256GB
- Expandable memory up to 2TB
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual speakers with NXP 9874 Smart AMP, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24b-bit, DTS Headphone: X for 7.1 channel surround sound, dual microphones
- Connectivity of 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C (2.0), 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery capacity of 3300mAh with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging and AI charging
- Hybrid Dual SIM
Of course, sometimes high scores do not mean that a device will necessarily be the fastest. However, with this score, you can expect a very interesting performance with it. It is worth noting that Zenfone 5 had its sales started this month in certain markets. While the 5Z is expected to launch in the month of June.