Asus at the MWC 2018 introduced the new ZenFone 5 smartphone, the high-end device from the Taiwanese company. Asus ZenFone 5 is a smartphone with a dual camera and a 6.2-inch all-screen display with notch design.
Among other specifications, we find a Snapdragon 636 SoC, assisted by 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. Qualcomm’s new Artificial Intelligence Engine, which exploits the DSP Hexagon 685 Vector and allows the introduction of interesting AI functions in the photographic sector.
Regarding the camera, there is a Sony IMX363 sensor with pixels of 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture lenses, 120° wide-angle secondary camera, 4-axis optical image stabilization (OIS) and photographic functions supported from AI, including AI Scene Detection with 16 different scenes and objects, AI Photo Learning, Real-Time Portrait and Real-time Beautification.
Finally, we find a Snapdragon X20 modem able to offer Gigabit connection speeds up to 1.2Gbps, Wifi 801.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0 and the Asus AI Boost function. It has dual speakers with five-magnets and NXP Smart amplifier. It is also the world’s first smartphone with DTS Headphone: X for 7.1-channel surround sound and comes bundled with Hi-Res Audio earphone.
The Asus Zenfone 5 price not announced yet, but it will roll out from April 2018. The handset comes in Midnight Blue and Meteor Silver color options.
Asus Zenfone 5 Specifications
- Dimensions of 153×75.65×7.85mm
- Weight of 155g
- Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass Super IPS display of 6.2 inches with 19:9, 500 nits Brightness, 95.4%
- NTSC color gamut, DCI-P3, 1500:1 Contrast Ratio, Glove Touch support, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Resolution of 2246 x 1080 pixels
- Dual Rear Camera of 12MP Sony IMX363 sensor with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 0.03s Tri Tech auto-focus/Dual Pixel PDAF/ 4-axis OIS/EIS, Pro mode with RAW support, secondary 8MP OV8856 sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Front Camera of 5 mega pixels with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 83-degree wide-angle lens
- Android 8.0 Oreo with ZenUI 5.0, upgradable to Android P
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Processor
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Chip
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB/6GB of LPDD4X RAM
- Internal memory of 64GB/128GB
- Expandable memory up to 2TB
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual speakers with NXP 9874 Smart AMP, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24b-bit, DTS Headphone: X for 7.1 channel surround sound, dual microphones
- Connectivity of 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C (2.0), 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery capacity of 3300mAh with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging and AI charging
- Hybrid Dual SIM