Asus officially launches ProArt StudioBook Pro X (W730), a true high-end mobile workstation laptop that the Taiwanese company unveiled last September at IFA 2019. It is a notebook primarily aimed at creative people and image professionals, but capable of offering top performance even in different areas, driven by a very high profile hardware configuration and compliant with all the latest generation standards.
Asus ProArt StudioBook Pro X features a neat design, with thin frames (3.8mm) and a screen-to-body ratio of 92%. We also find a 17.3-inch NanoEdge display with a 1920×1200 pixel resolution on board; the panel (16:10) offers a DCI-P3 coverage of 97% in addition to the Pantone certification. The Asus mobile work station is the first in the category to integrate the Screenpad 2.0 – already seen on consumer products such as the new Asus VivoBook S15 and S14 available starting from $799 since September – paired by a fingerprint sensor for Windows Hello and a full-sized backlit keyboard.
Moving on to the rest of the hardware configuration, Asus uses a Xeon E-2276M processor (6core / 12thread with Turbo up to 4.7 GHz), 64GB of DDR4 memory expandable to 128GB, up to 4TB of storage with PCIe 3.0 SSD and graphics department entrusted to an NVIDIA QUADRO RTX5000. As for dimensions, the mobile workstation laptop measures 38.2×26.5×2.8 cm and weighs 2.5 kg. Finally, we report the 95Wh battery and a 280W power supply, necessary to keep a configuration of this type at bay.
Asus ProArt StudioBook Pro X Specifications
- OS: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (For Intel Xeon processor models)
- Processor: Intel Xeon E-2276M processor / 2.8GHz Hexa-core with Turbo Boost (up to 4.7GHz) and 12MB cache
- GPU: NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000,16GB GDDR6 VRAM
- Display: 17″ LED-backlit WUXGA (1920 x 1200) NanoEdge display, 16:10 aspect ratio, Anti-glare panel, 3.8mm-thin bezel with 92% screen-to-body ratio, 178° wide-view technology, 97% DCI-P3 color gamut, 8-bit color, Delta-E < 1.5 color accuracy, PANTONE Validated
- Memory: 64GB (upgradeable to 128GB) DDR4 2666MHz (SO-DIMM x 4, supports ECC)
- Storage: 4TB (upgradable up to 6TB) / PCIe® NVMe Gen 3 x4 SSD x 2, HDD x 1, Supports CPU-attached RAID 0/1 (up to 48Gbps)
- Connectivity: 2x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C with Display Port 1.4 (40Gbps), 3x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A (10Gbps), 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x SD 4.0 / UHS-II card reader (312MB/s), 1x Audio combo jack, 1x RJ45 LAN, 1x Kensington lock, 1x DC-in,
- Wireless: Dual-band Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.0
- Keyboard: Full-size backlit keyboard with 2.0 mm key travel and privacy hotkeys, 19 mm key pitch, integrated Numeric keypad
- Touchpad: With fingerprint sensor and Windows Hello support, ScreenPad 2.0
- Audio: Sound by Harman Kardon, Smart amplifier, Array microphone with Cortana and Alexa voice-recognition support, Long-travel voice coils for improved low-frequency response
- Camera: HD webcam
- Software: MyASUS, McAfee Common Build for All
- Battery: 95Wh 6-cell lithium-polymer battery
- Weight: 5.51lb
- Dimensions: 15.04 x 10.43 x 1.11 in
Price and Availability
|Asus ProArt Studiobook Pro X Mobile Workstation Laptop, 17" Wuxga Narrow Bezel, Intel Xeon E-2276M,...||No ratings yet||$5,199.99||Buy on Amazon|