Astell & Kern AK70 portable Hi-Fi music player has been officially unveiled today, it will be more advanced version in the Astell and Kern AK Jr lineup. Also offering a new design and more impressive features. Astell & Kern AK70 price will be around $599 USD and expected to go on sale 7th July on the market.
With this awesome launch Astell & Kern hoping that they will bring about any change in the digital music market into the trend of Hi-Fi music players.
AK70 uses Cirrus Logic CS4398 single DAC chip, supports 24-bit/192kHz Bit to Bit Decoding. Besides the new style and design, AK70 also support USB Micro-B input for charging or data transfer and MTP connectivity along with 2.8MHz / 5.6MHz DoP and max PCM of 384 kHz, which is equivalent to AK300. AK70 now also allow you to rip CDs with ease by linking with the AK CD-RIPPER.
Astell & Kern AK70’s design is different from AK100 II, in which is designed with a diagonal angle on one side of the body, quite big volume control wheel which protruding slightly from a flat surface, length a bit shorter but greater thickness. Compared with AK100 II, AK70 is 29 percent lighter, 17 percent smaller and 1.9mm thinner.
The AK70 features a 3.3-inch TFT LCD display with WVGA (480 x 800) resolution. It comes with shiny mint color aluminum casing which looks quite attractive, this time manufacturer tried different in style and color selection than the former AK Hi-Fi music player lines.
The AK70 has the ability to play 24bit/192kHz music, DSD 64/128 decoding can be played back through conversion to PCM 24-bit/176kHz. It supports the 2.5-mm 4-pole balanced output – 2.3 Vrms, which is 35 percent higher compared to AK100, which is comparable with the first AK380 model.
Astell & Kern AK70 Specifications
- Dimensions of 60.3 x 96.8 x 13 mm
- Weight of 132g
- TFT LCD Display of 3.3 inches
- Resolution of 480 x 800 pixels
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and above
- Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE(Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF
- Sample rate: PCM: 8kHz ~ 192kHz (8/16/24-bit)
- DSD: DSD64 (1-bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128 (1-bit 5.6MHz)
- Audio output: 3.5mm / Balanced 2.3Vrms
- DAC: Cirrus Logic CS4398 x1
- Decoding: 24bit / 192kHz
- Internal memory of 64GB
- Expandable memory up to 128GB
- Connectivity of Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, APTX), Micro-USB 2.0
- Battery capacity of 2200mAh
- Color: Misty Mint