With the Akai MPC One, Akai Professional is expanding its current portfolio of an even more compact standalone music production center with sampler and sequencer tool at NAMM 2020. In terms of price, it is also interesting for beginners.
This year Akai Professional is not introducing a high-end tool, but is satisfied with a compact entry-level version: the MPC One Akai is a standalone music production center tool box, is required for any computer and is based on the powerful multicore system of MPC Live and MPC X.
The ‘MPC One’ offers 16 velocity-sensitive RGB-backlit pads, a 7-inch multi-touch display, 2GB RAM, and 4GB of onboard storage and pre-installed MPC 2.0 software. However, battery operation is not provided.
The most important control elements of the MPC One are recruited from the 7-inch touchscreen display and the 16 velocity-sensitive RGB pads, which complement the features provided. On the connection side, network connectivity, splice integration, and CV/gate connections are offered, which promises flexible use. It also comes with 2GB of new drum sample & loop libraries that have been specially developed for the new hardware.
- Standalone operation (without a computer) and computer-supported as a controller for MPC software
- Full-color 7-inch multi-touch display
- 16 touch-sensitive RGB pads
- 2GB RAM
- 4GB storage (expandable via SD card)
- 5 encoders for data entry
- Classic MPC functions such as note repeat, 16 levels, and full level
- Integrated synth engines: Electric, Tubesynth, and Bassline
- AIR FX for Mixing & Mastering integrated
- 8 CV/gate outputs for 3.5 mm TRS cables (compatible with mono TS cables)
- 2 USB 3.0 inputs for USB sticks or MIDI controllers (1x type A, 1x type B)
- MIDI in/out
- 2 inputs: 6.35 mm TRS
- 2 outputs: 6.35 mm TRS
- Dimensions: 272 x 272 x 53 mm
- Weight: 2.1 kg
- Power supply (19V DC, 3.42A), MPC software (download) for Mac & PC, 10GB sample content with drum sounds and loops
Akai MPC One Price, Availability
Akai Professional MPC One Standalone Music Production Center with Sampler and Sequencer has been priced at $699 and it can be pre-ordered through Bhphotovideo.com along with the Free set of 8 Unbalanced Patch Cables 3.5mm TS to Same (3′) from Hosa Technology, and Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series 1/4″ Male to 1/4″ Male Instrument Cable Kit (Pair, 10′) worth $40.89.