Acer presents a brand new wireless gaming mouse that can be used either wired or wireless, the USB polling rate is decent even when operated without cables at 1,000 Hz or one millisecond.
After Acer already has a well-equipped, wired gaming mouse in its program with the Predator Cestus 330, the company is presenting the Predator Cestus 350, a new model that can also be used wirelessly if desired. Although the polling rate drops from 2,000 Hz to 1,000 Hz, which means that you have to expect about half a millisecond of additional latency, the Cestus 350 is on par with most of the competition.
The eight buttons on the Predator Cestus 350 can be freely programmed, and up to five profiles can be saved on the mouse. The gaming mouse uses a PixArt PAW 3335 sensor that achieves a resolution of 16,000 DPI and a maximum tracking of 400 IPS. The sensor is also quite energy-saving so that the mouse can reach a battery life of at least 50 hours wirelessly. Due to the built-in battery, the Predator Cestus 350 with 111 grams is not a lightweight, the shape is only suitable for right-handers.
Price and availability
The Acer Predator Cestus 350 should be available from August, the manufacturer’s recommended retail price is $124.99. The Amazon.com website has already listed the mouse to add to your cart now.
Predator Cestus 350 Features
- Comfortable Design with 2.4GHz Wireless and Wired Dual Mode
- Sensor: Pixart 3335
- High Precision 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor: Switch on-the-fly automatically!
- Color: 16.8 million RGB Color Combinations
- Five Onboard Memory Profiles: Save profiles to the mouse once for gameplay on different computers and assign lighting colors to easily see which profile you’re using Predator Quarter Master Software.
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions using Predator Quarter Master Software.
- Durable Mechanical Switches: Supports up to 20 million clicks
- The Cestus 350 supports wireless at 1ms/1000Hz and wired with 0.5ms/2000Hz.
Alongside the wireless gaming mouse, Acer has also introduced the Chromebook Spin 713 is dedicated to the consumer world as well as is also available in the Enterprise version for companies and professionals, the unpublished Chromebook has been designed within the Project Athena program and bases its computing power, performance and connection speed on the 10th generation Intel Core processors.