Recently 7Artisans – a Chinese lens manufacturer specializing in manual focus lenses has officially introduced a 7Artisans 60mm f/2.8 Macro lens for the series of mirrorless cameras of Sony (E mount), Fujifilm (X mount), Olympus / Panasonic (M43 mount) and Canon EOS M (EOS-M mount).
This lens consisting of 11 elements in 9 groups, with a 25-degree viewing angle and the largest aperture of f2.8 as well as a minimum of f16. The front lens group is designed to provide excellent image quality both at infinity and when in macro mode.
New 7Artisan lens can provide high-detail images at 2:1 or 3:1 ratios. With the 60mm instrument, combined with the new f2.8 aperture, in addition to impressive macro shooting, it is also great for portrait with sharp details.
This lens is intended to be displayed at the upcoming CP+ 2019 exhibition in Japan with the expected price of 25,000 yen ($200) and shipping will be started in May 2019. You can find more 7Artisans lenses on Amazon and Bhphotovideo stores.
7Artisans 60mm f/2.8 Macro Lens Specifications
- MF series Manual focus lens
- 60mm fixed focus (macro image)
- Aperture f/2.8 – f/16
- Minimum focusing distance: 65mm
- Designed for APS – C size mirrorless cameras
- Ultra close-up shooting up to 5 times magnification is possible by installing an optional extension tube
- 1:1 Macro ratio
- 25-degrees viewing angle
- 11 elements in 9 groups
- Designed for Sony E, Fuji X, Canon EOS-M and Olympus M43 mounts
- Scheduled to be released in May 2019
- Manufacturer’s preferred price: ¥ 25,000 (excluding tax) or around $200
- The new lens will be on display at the 2019 CP+ show